This is a vent and not a “how to” post.
For years I have had both a personal and church Picasa web album. I managed both from the Picasa3 software on my home computer. I’d just sign in to either my personal gmail or my church gmail account.
When they came along with a nifty Google Apps feature, I signed the church up — works great, letting us use gmail and other features with the church web address.
Then, they decided to do a bunch of merging of services. The lines between a regular google account and a google apps account were blurred.
One result is that I somehow ended up with two church picasa albums web accounts. The thing is that I never knew which one a new album would end up in. Then, once it was in a particular account I couldn’t get access to it. Sometimes the same album ended up in both web albums.
Today I spent a couple of hours trying to resolve the issue once for all. I finally managed to on purpose log into either of the two accounts. I then migrated all the albums in the old pre-google-blurring-the-lines account to the new setup. I had to delete several albums because they were duplicates.
Now I have an empty web album and one that *should* work okay. I made a graphic with just the church web address and put it as the lone “picture” in the old album to help people find their way.
All this done having to constantly log out of one and into the other and then back because Google decided to blur the lines between regular accounts and apps accounts.
Then, I had to go through my church web pages and change the links to the photo album.
I’m not going to try to explain how I did it because (1) I’m still not sure I understand the process and (2) I’m not sure I did it right.