We’ve been dry camping in the national park in one of the most beautiful spots imaginable. However, last night we ran out of water. I have carried some water back to the camper to get us through another night but we’ll move back out to civilization tomorrow. We won’t be in such a nice spot, but we’ll have a few more creature comforts. I guess all of life has trade offs, even camping.
My book "Coffee Break Devotionals (from the New Testament)" is now available in several e-book formats as well as in print. Read about it here.
- Devotional on IsaiahWe’ve experienced an extreme make-over Isaiah 43: …a people custom-made to praise me. God has good news for his people. The destruction of the past is ending and a wonderful plan of salvation is being put in place. Things are … Continue reading → […]
- Devotional on Isaiah
- Thousand Trails Lake ConroeWe've taken a few days off to get out in our Hitchhiker II LS 5th wheel and have been at Thousand Trails Lake Conroe, just north of Houston. Our first couple of days here were overcast and cool with light rain, but things turned around on Wednesday afternoon and we've had pretty days with cold nights; nothing to complain about in the middle of Feb […]
- Thousand Trails Lake Conroe
- My how things have changedAs a young preacher (and I started preaching at age 16) I was encouraged to use lots of Scripture references in my preaching. I probably overdid it and over time dialed things back, especially as I moved away from proof texting. Still, I often mention different verses in a sermon, generally to give an example of what I'm talking about. At first, I took […]
- My how things have changed